"The greatest gift you can give your child is a strong relationship between the two of you."
As a mom, spouse, and therapist I can relate and recognize how important it is to prepare for your baby together as a couple. Not only are you both individually going through a transition into parenthood but your relationship is also transitioning into becoming parents of a new little one together. As a Bringing Baby Home Educator I offer a "Baby Makes Three" private counseling package as well as a "Baby Makes Three" workshops for expecting and new parents.
The focus for our sessions will be to break down any potential barriers to achieve greater understanding, connection and intimacy in your relationship all alongside (or before) your new baby.
Baby Makes Three Private Counseling Package*:
Before or after your baby makes his or her debut I offer a private counseling package of eight 50 minute sessions where we will structure our conversations to discuss:
- Your shared vision and expectations for once baby arrives
- How to connect with each other and your baby intentionally
- Avoiding the 4 most destructive communication habits in relationships
- Strengthening your friendship
- Turning toward your partner and looking for the positive
- Mindfulness and self soothing techniques for stress, anxiety and conflict
- Constructive Problem Solving
- Honoring the importance of mothers and fathers and their hopes and fears as a parent
- Recognize the signs of Postpartum Mood Disorders and how to get help and support
- How to keep intimacy and romance alive after your baby
- Being intentional in creating a lasting connection with your baby, your partner, and together as a family.
*Booking the 8 session package in advance will offer reduced rate per session for private pay clients
baby makes three workshops:
I also offer workshops for new parents for small private groups or for organizations (birthing centers, churches, Pediatrician, and OBGYN offices.) We can collaborate to specialize the workshop to your clients' needs.
Please contact me for more information.